Speech Language Pathology in Motion is a Speech Therapy private practice located in Islandia, NY which incorporates sensory based activities and gross motor activities including Equine Assisted Therapy, Hippotherapy and PROMPT Therapy into our speech therapy sessions to optimize results and help our patients meet their speech and language goals. To learn more visit www.speechinmotion.com
Tina M. Rocco, M.A. CCC-SLP, HPCS is the owner of, and treating therapist at Speech Language Pathology in Motion. She also works as a school based SLP on Long Island.
Ms. Rocco holds the following qualifications:
- New York State License in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD) with the New York State Department of Education.
- American Hippotherapy Association Board certified Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist. One of only seven Speech Pathologists nation wide to hold this credential.
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT) Technique Trained
- TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and Communication related handicapped CHildren) Trained.
- Experience riding, training, competing and working with horses since 1993.
- Experience in providing a variety of Equine Assisted Activities for children and adults with special needs since 2001.
- Certified Instructor with PATH Intl.- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (Previously named The North American Riding for the Handicapped Association- NARHA).
Ms. Rocco is active in her field. She is committed to continuing her education and attaining additional certifications in order to provide her patients with the most current techniques and with the highest quality of speech and language intervention.
This blog is dedicated to those interested learning more about speech and language development and treatment of speech and language disorders. We hope that you will find the information presented here to be helpful and informative and we encourage your comments and questions!
© 2012, Tina M. Rocco, M.A. CCC-SLP, HPCS. All rights reserved.